Sunday, June 13, 2010

well...heres a blog

Well...seems as how I created this blog site, I should probably write a blog right? Well, this blog may or may not be like a lot of the other blogs you've read. This isn't a rant, well, not this time at least. The idea behind this blog, is to show the creation, and the hopeful uprising of the band, Relent. Now, none of you out there will have heard this band play, unless your a bando in my band lol. So here is a small taste of what you will read in the future.

Summer of 2009, Brad Jonsen, a young guitarist going into his third year of high school, calls me up. He has this idea of getting a band together, seems as how we had jammed on a couple occasions before. I play the drums, and have been playing since fifth grade, started playing the kit in seventh. Originally we had no singer, and our bass player was still learning his instrument. By that I mean he had no clue on how to play the bass. But he was our friend, so we gave him a chance. Now, surprisingly enough, the singer was the hard one to pin down. It ended up taking us a huge chunk of the school year to find him. We found a new bass player, one that could actually play, before we found a singer. The singer we found was Alex Cook. Alex was, and still is, in the choir program, so we knew he could sing. But singing classical music, is a touch different than singing rock music. To give him a real test we brought him over to my place, due to the fact that I wasn't moving my kit anywhere, and we threw down a little of what Brad and I had written. Alex rocked it. He layed down some lyrics right off the top of his head, and after tracking down our bass player the next day, Zach Williams, we had the start to our first original piece. Our first real test as a band was yet to come, and while whether we succeeded or not was important, what was more important would be whether or not we would be able to work together as a band, and make some music.

No comments:

Post a Comment